Was Ist Das?


Well right now, it's a collection of vague, flat shapes. But by the end of this week, hopefully it will be a 15 to 20 color screenprint of Arctic wildlife. What you are looking at is four colors, and of course the the key line drawing will not be printed until the very end. I'm in Austin working on this print with the Decoder Ring folks. So far so good. At the very least, I can't complain about the weather. It's absolutely gorgeous here. I'll be back next week with a photo of the final print!

Comments

  1. Beautiful! I want to see the final print! Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Can't wait to see it! Very interesting to see those four colors. Have fun in Austin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo! This is just lovely! Can't wait to see the end product. I actually lived in the Arctic for a few years and worked in an art gallery, and this sort of work would sell like hotcakes up there. :-D

    Cheers!

    Lori

    PS. I LOVE your work. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking great! DRDC always puts out such fine work. Can't wait to see the final result.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I know. I'm so lucky to be working with them! I'm learning so much, and am really pleased with the print so far. As of this post, 9 colors down.

    And Lolli072- I am jealous of your Arctic experience. I was just contacted by a Musk Ox farm in Alaska, so that's as close as I will get for now ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! The Muskox are great. My brother and I used to drive out and see them on the tundra along the sides of the roads. I also used to sell Qiviut at the gallery where I worked, this of course is Muskox wool. And I gotta tell ya, cashmere has nothing on this stuff. :-P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts