Arctic Diptych


I just completed two new arctic wildlife themed watercolors: Snowy Owl, and Arctic Fox. The owl will be a gift for a friend of mine, Teresa James, that runs White Wings Press. She was kind enough to let me use her beautiful etching studio now located in Chicago's great Logan Square neighborhood. I used the shop to edition the Morris's Nest etching a couple of weeks ago. I have a deep love and fascination with polar ecosystems, and polar exploration. From a purely aesthetic perspective, I find a lot of pleasure in the color of the tundra: moss greens, silvery lichen, cool grey blues. I plan on making an archival digital print edition of them both, and will post when those become available. Happy Monday at you.

Comments

  1. They're both breathtaking! The colors are enchanting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Diana - these are gorgeous. Great work!

    Has Jay given up on his Blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!

    Hi Graham - not given up completely, just hasn't posted in a really long time. Maybe we'll see you at FS Europe this year?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Looking forward to prints! Your colors are just right. Here in Arctic Alaska the tundra is turning green very quickly, I cant wait to see the little plants that seem to sprout up overnight, and dissapear just as quickly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog by accident, but I'm glad that I did. I love your artwork, and I think that the Field museum is the best thing about Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the snowy owl will look nice next to my barn owl print!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts