Tiny Aviary's Tiny Vacation

Hello my dear fellow bird nirds. I will not able to post to Tiny Aviary for a couple of weeks as my other illustration work has called me away on business. There are few things that I would rather be doing than making wee watercolors of birds, but I am in Austin for the Flatstock Poster Convention that happens in conjunction with the SXSW music festival. So far I've seen tons of Boat-tailed Grackles, and White-winged Doves. I have a list of birds that I look forward to posting soon after I return after the 25th of March. It's going to get busy at the museum as spring migration has begun. This Monday past I walked into the Bird Division to find Dave Willard seated and labeling 30 Song Sparrows that he had collected from that morning alone from the base of McCormick Center.

Comments

Popular Posts